Sep 15, 2010

First Lesson Free



Everyone's a beginner at something...

Remember the first time we tried Capoeira? A mixture of uncertainty, awkwardness and excitement can sometimes turn people away.... or if the mix of new feelings is just right - they can make people fall in love with it for life.

To recognise and celebrate being new to something, Flor da Gente is giving a free lesson to anyone welcomed to the class for their first time. Flor da Gente students can tell all their friends, colleagues, casual acquaintances and the people we strike up conversations with on the tram - that to try something like Capoeira Angola for the first time is engaging, fun and best of all - free.

1 comment:

  1. Hello all! I remember the first time I started that was one of the Swinburne Sessions in Prahran, I remember it took my friend Macacovelho (now currently training in Manila) a year to convince me to come try it. I remember saying yes and come class day no Bala Klava onsite. Then finally one Tuesday I ran out of excuse and went, first five minutes of the class I was really impressed and regretted missing all those trainings. I was really impressed on the music part at first and slowly understood how the game is played. I like the way capoeira help me to balance my life. As Garotinha always says "we have a lifetime to learn capoeira".

    Missing the Melburn Crew

    Bala Klava

    ReplyDelete